Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stopping to Consider . . .

A dear friend reminded me last week that it's been a year since we received the referral for our wonderful Caleb. It's hard to believe that a year ago we didn't have this shining star in our lives. And it's amazing to me that I forgot the date that I thought I'd NEVER forget . . . the day we got THE CALL from our agency. But I did. Caught up in life, ear infections, tummy troubles, running around after a toddler with seemingly boundless energy while fighting a stupid head cold, trying to get through the always growing "to do" list and pulling my hair out a little at what remains undone . . . until I stopped and realized that I would not trade this chaos and perpetual state of undoneness for ANYTHING in the world. Nope, THIS is what life is about.

And speaking of life . . . we had confirmed week before last that the little guy needs glasses. In a big way. This poor little thing has been walking through a Vaseline-smeared life until last Monday when we picked up his new glasses! He clearly loves them and has been experiencing his new world ever since. His wonderment of how the world "really" looks is an amazing thing to witness!



1 comment:

  1. Ear infection over here, too! Despite the vomiting, carseat cleaning, and extra laundry- I, too, wouldn't trade it for anything!

    Love those glasses! Can't wait to see them in person!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete