For over 2 years I have gathered together with a group of women who go by the name "Women of Whimsy." We share interests in sewing, crafting and creating and meet once a month to work, show-off (!), and mostly talk and laugh. This wacky group of witty, wise and wild women put together a welcome home party for Caleb and I last week that was so wonderful and unexpected and gave me such a feeling of warmth that I just had to share (and isn't "W" a wonderful letter to work with?)
These busy women each embroidered a square of wool with a wild animal from Ethiopia and stitched it together into a wall hanging (see photo below). I can't wait to hang it in my little one's room!

There was children's music playing, balloons, child-friendly treats and gifts for Caleb. It was a great celebration, and I can't thank these Wonderful Women of Whimsy enough for all they did! You guys rock!
How wonderful, the generosity of spirit of friends and family is truely amazing.
ReplyDelete