So, two weeks from today at about this time of the morning, we'll be loading up our car and heading to the airport to board one of several planes we'll need to fly the 8360 miles to pick up our son (although we'll actually have to fly over 9000 miles due to flight connections, etc.).
It's not the first time we've taken a long trip. Kyle and I have flown all over the world. And like with any other trip, I have pre-travel jitters. But to say this time I have my normal jitters would be a HUGE understatement. This isn't just a trip to visit beautiful locales, or historic monuments, or awe-inspiring archaelogical locations. This is a trip to go get OUR SON. The impact of that statement doesn't escape me. Nor, apparently, has it escaped my nervous system! I am overcome with nerves, worries, concerns, anxiety and yes, overwhelming excitement, anticipation, joy and happiness.
So, here I sit with massive JITTERS (Capital J, I, T, T, E, R, S) and you know what? I wouldn't change a thing. That's what they make Costco-sized Pepto Bismol for, right? :o)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How big are Costco sized Pepto anyway? ;)
ReplyDeleteI say it's pretty damn cool that Caleb is a new member of your family.
ReplyDeleteHey Maeda's! Shannon sent me your link - Jon and I are THRILLED for you both and can't wait to meet Caleb! Congrats - relish every minute :) Lynnette & Jon Eastlake
ReplyDeleteWe're right there with you... I can't believe it's finally here! 10 more days - HOLY COW!!!
ReplyDelete-Erin