Friday, August 21, 2009

Securing the Courtroom Doors

Well, folks, as of today the courts in Ethiopia are closed until approximately the first week of October. Not to worry -- this happens every year during their rainy season, and actually this year it happened about a month later than normal due to the back-log of cases the courts had to hear following the debacle in May. Referrals still do trickle in during this time, but as I've posted previously, it slows down substantially. Although there haven't been any referrals for the last 3 weeks, so I don't know how much slower it could possible get. I'm just saying . . . !!!

On this coming Monday the 24th, we will have been officially on the wait list for 9 months. And as many people have commented, I'm carrying the pregnancy really well and you can hardly tell I'm pregnant at all! All jokes aside, it is a curious thing, this waiting. No, I'm not pregnant. And along with that comes no weight gain, no morning sickness, no swelling ankles, etc. But I think the proper term to use is that I am an expectant mother. Yes, I like that. Kyle and I are expectant parents. Has a certain ring to it, don'tcha think?

On the crafting front, I have finished a small quilted bag that I was originally going to use as a diaper bag (picture below). As is typical, I didn't really pay attention to the "finished project" size information, and it's way too small for a diaper bag, so I've picked up another pattern that is quite large and will spend the next month or so working on a REAL diaper bag. I guess the one I just finished can be considered a trial run . . . or it can be a supplemental diaper bag. Who knows? It's cute nonetheless so it'll get used!



I'll continue to post as anything new happens . . . say when the baby furniture arrives, or we've finally painted the nursery, or any referrals come and we move up on the list, etc., etc.

Signing off for now . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment